Monday, April 4, 2011

New Phone = New Hazards.

I am the proud new owner of a smart phone. And let me tell you, it is smart. I'm pretty sure that if it was enrolled in a university it would receive better grades than myself. Purely for it's "Ask ChaCha" app...

But, with a new phone comes problems that I am not used to, such as:

1- Finding the vibrate/silent mode button while in class. Quickly.
2- Realizing that with a touchscreen phone there will not be a keyboard, and to not freak out when I'm in a panic and can't fine said keyboard.
3- Proof-reading texts. Now I like to think of myself as a literate person, and I (hope) that I have fairly good grammar. Unfortunately with touchscreen phones, texting can be quite the difficulty. Here are some of my more recent blunders...

Supposed to send: "I'm so happy for you!"
What I actually sent: "I'm so gay for you!"

Supposed to send: "I'm sorry."
What I actually sent: "I'm dirty."

Supposed to send: "Because I wanted to."
What I actually sent: "Bedside I wanted to." (Also, I don't think that I've ever used the word 'bedside' in my life).

Also since my phone is so 'smart', it has a feature where you can speak into a speaker and it will translate what you spoke into text. Unfortunately it just translates what it hears and makes up it's own spelling. I guess I can't really blame it though - it is a cool feature. But once I sent the wrong version of 'your' (pet peeve). So, I'm probably not going to be using that a lot. Sorry, smartphone.

All in all, I really like my phone, but I think it might have a mind of it's own...which scares me, because what if it turns into that creepy robot from Transformers? (Not an actual transformer, that would be cool). Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment