Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What a way to ruin a vacation...

For some of our days of vacationing, we went clear down to the border between Mexico and Guatemala and to Chiapas to see some really cool ruins. But before we went down, we stopped at a place to eat breakfast. Well, everyone in my group is LDS, so we decided to have a prayer on the food. Unfortunately that was when our waiter decided to bring me my food. So while someone was praying, the waiter was saying, "Continental...Continental!" It was my food, and I didn't know what to do except take it and thank him right then. That was when half of my group broke out laughing with me. The poor waiter had no idea what was going on.

I really like the ruins, unfortunately the mosquitoes really liked my legs as well. It was unbearable. Once again, I felt like I was a large piece of chocolate cake, while the mosquitoes were the hungry kids from Lord of the Flies. I don't know really how those two connect, but that is how I felt. I just hope those mosquitoes don't end up eating each other.

Here are pictures!

The view from the boat - ahead is Guatemala!


More pictures...





These were in Chiapas. Go Book of Mormon stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome Suz! Can't wait to see you so you can tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete