Friday, October 8, 2010

Who knew it could be cold in Mexico? I didn't.

Thank goodness I brought my Utah State sweatshirt, or else I would be in big trouble. Usually when people think of Mexico, they think of warm, sunny beaches and getting the best tan of their lives. Also, people might think of drug cartels, but that is a whole different story. Anyway, it is starting to get cold here, and even though it is nothing like Utah falls where it is warm one day and then snowing the next, it is getting pretty chilly. I mean really, I was cold when I was sitting in the shade today. It's going to be quite the shock when I go home to two feet of snow. I'm not especially excited about that. And if you were wondering about me being tan, don't worry - I will still be the same old Suzy when I get back! The Self-Esteem Booster....whiter than anyone else.

On a different note, I have broken four pairs of shoes in Mexico. I don't know what it is about me, Mexico, and shoes, but we apparently don't mix. The first pair I broke in the second week while walking to school, and since I needed to be to class in 5 minutes, I duct taped it to my foot. I felt very "Red Green" ish. I'm pretty sure that only my family will know what I'm talking about there! But none of my school kids noticed, and hopefully none of the other teachers, so I thought I was pretty cool! The second, third, and fourth pairs have just....deteriorated. With all of the walking in the rain, it has really worn them out. They will just randomly break in half. One time it was in front of a fire station, and I just left half of my shoe there. Oh well, I'm American. They already think that I'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment